What: Do not miss out on the screenings of two Ukrainian plays at the Finborough Theatre. A double bill for
- TAKE THE RUBBISH OUT, SASHA by Natalya Vorozhbit and
- PUSSYCAT IN MEMORY OF DARKNESS by Neda Nezhdana.
When: 9 August – 3 September 2022. 7:30 pm BST
Where: Finborough Theatre, 118 Finborough Rd, London, SW10 9ED
- General Admission: £15.00
More About “Take The Rubbish Out”
From Ukraine’s leading contemporary playwright Natalya Vorozhbit (The Grain Store – Royal Shakespeare Company, and Bad Roads – Royal Court Theatre, and filmed as Ukraine’s official Oscar® selection in 2022), Take The Rubbish Out, Sasha, blends reality and the afterlife in a critical look at the effects of war and conflict.
- “They’ve mobilized all the living now, the fifth call took the last of the living. But the war keeps on. So high command asked us.”
More About “Pussycat in Memory of Darkness”
An urgent piece of new writing from Neda Nezhdana – in her UK debut – that starkly reveals the roots of Russia’s war on Ukraine through the brutalized eyes of one woman.
- “I want to report a robbery…I was robbed. What was stolen from me? Almost everything…Home, land, car, work, friends, city, faith in goodness…’”